MARKET SW RETURNS!
mark your calendars for June 25
June 25. July 9, 23. Aug 6, 20. Sep 3, 17. Oct 1, 15, 2021 : Southwest DC's eclectic Friday night market returns with a diverse mix of art, crafts, handmade jewelry, accessories, bath and beauty goods, and vintage and
On stage, local musicians and DJs curate a mix of live music and inviting evening soundtracks. Additionally, specialty food businesses, a fully-stocked beer garden, a cigar lounge, and select food trucks add to the programming mix.
FARMERS MARKET SW continues throughout 2021
SEASON REOPENS SATURDAY APRIL 3, 2021 : As Farmers MarketSW has continued through the winter months in reduced participation, we are excited to welcome back familiar farmers and producers for the Market Season on Saturday April 3rd 2021. After a challenging year in 2020, Farmers Market SW is permitted to operate as an essential business with COVID-19 precautionary measures still in effect. As a critical site for residents to access fresh and seasonal foods from local farmers and food producers, Farmers Market SW remains a vital community space on the corner of 4th and M ST SW.
DATES/HOURS : every SATURDAY. 9am-1pm
LOCATION : The Lot @ 4th & M Streets SW, across the street from Waterfront Metro station
While Farmers Market SW will welcome an array of different producers throughout the Market Season, the following exhibitors continue setting up on Saturdays in the winter season :
In order to operate safely, market management will ensure and enforce the following requirements :
- Minimizing queueing and ensuring those in line are at least 6 feet apart
- Immediately disbursing groups of people that form in public space near the entrances and exits of the market to reduce the risk of requiring closure of the market
- Ensuring compliance with all public health requirements, including sanitizing and/or hand washing and providing signage on requirements and guidelines
- Providing for a single entrance and exit for a one-way flow of customers, including markings for 6 feet of distance
- Eliminating browsing and reducing the number of purchasing options by providing pre-packaged, pre-priced boxes or options
In accordance with CDC recommendations, we will be operating under strict guidelines for all; vendors, staff, customers and accompanying children.
- Only Producers and their staff may handle products. Customers must not touch any produce or products until after they have purchased
- Market staff will separate farm stand spaces with at least 6 feet of distance between the tents, more where possible, to reduce congestion
- There is no sampling of products at markets until further notice
- All Producers must wear protective gloves and facemasks.
- All stands must use vinyl or plastic table covers for easy sanitizing
- All producers need to sanitize their stands regularly, wiping down tables, terminals, cash boxes, etc.
- All staff and Producers must stay home if they are sick
- All staff processing credit/debit/snap transactions must wear protective gloves
Shoppers will also be reminded to do their part.
- Maintain a 6' distance between yourself, staff, farm stand employees, and other customers
- Wear a face covering
- If you are sick, stay home
- Only one household member should attend
- No petsNo pets
- Do not pick up any products or produce at the farm stands, ask an employee to help you
- If you sneeze or cough, do so only into a tissue (immediately disposing of it) or the crease of your elbow
- Thoroughly wash your hands often with soap for at least 20 seconds
- If hand washing is not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Wash all produce thoroughly before using it
- Regularly wash your reusable produce bags
- Be patient, and kind--we're all in this together
Market SW regrets to announce that it will delay its opening due to COVID-19 precautionary measures
As we join the many businesses in the Washington, DC Metropolitan area, this is an incomparable moment for small business owners, artists, creatives, and all of those affected by the mandated quarantines across the world. This harrowing experience is a global issue creating surreal and desperate impacts on the local level. Until the ban on congregating in public is lifted, we cannot offer an opening date for the market. We are paying close attention to developments, and the related public health measures being enforced by the DC Government, and will make any announcements regarding the market here, through our newsletter and social media.
FARMERS MARKET SW
news & press
becoming an exhibitor
Situated on the Lot at 4th and M Streets SW, MarketSW is now entering its fifth season in the commercial center of the Southwest neighborhood across from the Waterfront Metro Station (green line), Safeway, the popular restaurants Station 4 and All About Burger. There is plenty of public parking among major office buildings, apartments and the thriving Southwest neighborhood.
The Friday night market and Saturday farmers market attracts hundreds of weekly shoppers including families, young professionals and home-owning seniors from the surrounding community. The neighborhood is home to a wide selection of recreational, cultural, and park destinations, including the main campus of the Smithsonian Institution along the National Mall, the Wharf, Culture House and Arena Stage.
With an inviting mix of creative businesses, food trucks, live music, a fully-stocked beer garden, colorful lights, and family-friendly activities, each market creates evokes the lively feeling of a neighborhood outdoor living room.